Topic Resolution: Resolved

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Support Expired

Hello!

I’m hoping you can help us. We recently created a new post on our website, and something happened wherein many of the thumbnails on the website are no longer cropped correctly. This includes things like WooCommerce product images on the shop page, post thumbnails, and featured images at the top of posts.

Here are some examples:

https://ibb.co/pjLGHQR (In this image, some of the thumbnails are in 4:3 aspect ratio, the rest are in portrait aspect ratio… I marked the correct thumbnails with a checkmark)

https://ibb.co/vVkd7qJ (These are the blog post thumbnails, same thing applies as above)

https://ibb.co/5ksRMKK (And finally the featured images for blog posts… again the cropping is not in the right aspect ratio)

We remember having issues with thumbnails before, and somehow we were able to fix it. I’m not sure if there is an easy fix to this or not, so I hope that you might be able to guide us. We tried some solutions that we found on various support forums but they did not resolve the problem.

These were all working until we published a new post just a few days ago.

Thank you in advance! We are always very grateful for your help!

Hello,

Please send the admin web account for me, I will check and try to help you.

Support Expired
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hello,

I fixed this issue, please recheck your site.

Support Expired

Hello!

That fixed the thumbnails on the store page, but the other thumbnails, such as on the blog archive or the featured images at the top of posts, still are not cropping correctly.

What did you fix? Is there any way for us to apply that fix to other thumbnails?

Thanks again for your help! I hope you can help us fix the rest of the thumbnails 😄

This reply has been marked as private.
    Support Expired

Thanks so much! That seems to have fixed most of the thumbnails.

We are still having issues with the “posts grid” element on the homepage. It still displays the the thumbnails in the wrong aspect ratio. The developer tried to edit the settings in Elementor, but there is no option to set thumbnail sizes.

Is there something that can be done with those thumbnails? It is near the bottom of the page on the homepage (the second screenshot in my original post shows the problem I’m referring to).

Thanks again for the continued support!

I fixed this issue, please recheck.

Support Expired

The thumbnails are still not showing correctly. We re-built the thumbnails again, but still they display in the wrong aspect ratio.

Is there anything else that can be done? My developer is asking what we are trying to do to fix the problem?

Thank you!

Do you have any mistakes? https://prnt.sc/lmscctRd0xG-

Please delete all caches and recheck.

Support Expired

That seems to have done it! Thank you!

What did you end up doing to remedy the issue? We would like to know so that we can potentially fix it ourselves in the future or avoid the issue.

Again, appreciate the help!

Hi,

Because your image has a different ratio of length and width, I had to fix the length of the image and use more css to fill the image without skewing or distortion.

Support Expired

Thank you! I am curious why this became an issue just recently? It was working before we tried to input a new product into the store. Do you have any idea why that could be?

Thanks again!

Hi,

It is possible that the recent updates of WordPress and the Woocommerce plugin have led to the changes. Therefore, custom code updates are required to be compatible with these updates.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.